TextBack gives customers the ability to enter a business’s feedback request process using their mobile phone. By sending a keyword text to the business’s SMS number, the customer triggers an auto-reply message from the business. The auto-reply includes a link to the business’s selected Request Mode the customer clicks in order to complete the feedback request.
Who can use TextBack?
TextBack requires SMS credits (1 credit per keyword text) and is available for locations on the Pro plan or higher. If you are on the Basic Plan and would like to upgrade to be able to use the TextBack feature, contact us today.
Local TextBack numbers are currently supported in:
- In all other countries, US-based TextBack numbers will be provided.
Messaging rates and data charges from a customer’s carrier will apply.
Local numbers for Australia and Sweden are affected per enforced government spam and proof of identity regulations. Due to these changes, we will no longer be supporting local numbers for TextBack and SMS Requests in these countries. If you currently use a local number you may continue to do so until November 8, 2019, but be aware that deliverability may be affected. If service is interrupted, RocketReviews cannot correct the issue. To ensure best results and avoid regulatory action, we suggest editing your TextBack number and selecting a US number to support both inbound (TextBack) and outbound SMS requests. As of November 11, 2019, RocketReviews will replace all local numbers for Australia and Sweden with US numbers. If you need additional assistance please contact support.
Edit TextBack Settings
To edit TextBack Settings, follow these steps:
- Log in to your RocketReviews account.
- If you have multiple locations, select the location you would like to edit TextBack settings for from the Business Dashboard.
- After activating TextBack, a phone number will be selected for you. Review the assigned number and, if needed, click Edit to update your selected country, area code, or phone number.
If you have SMS Requests enabled, your TextBack number will be set to the same number as SMS Requests. If you edit the TextBack number, you will also change the SMS sender number for this location.
4. The default keyword to activate TextBack is “feedback”. Click + Add keyword to add a keyword. If you wish to remove a keyword, uncheck the box.
Keywords can be texted as a single word or as part of a phrase or sentence to activate TextBack. If multiple keywords are checked, any one of the keywords will trigger TextBack.
5. Edit the auto-reply message including up to 126 characters.
The link (Feedback URL) is automatically formatted and included in the auto-reply.
Using emojis in your TextBack message will cause your content to separate.
6. Review the selected settings via the sample image on the right and click SAVE Settings at the bottom of the page when complete.
TextBack is complete and ready for customer use. For businesses in the United States, you can promote your selected number with or without the (1) in front.
For ideas on how to use TextBack for your customers read TextBack: Customer-Activated Reviews Via Text.
To test TextBack, follow these steps:
- From a mobile phone, create a new message.
- Enter the TextBack number for the business location you wish to test. To view your selected phone number, Log in to your RocketReviews account and go to Requests > TextBack for the location you wish to test.
3. Send a message including the selected keyword to activate TextBack. To view your selected keyword, Log in to your RocketReviews account and go to Requests > TextBack for the location you wish to test.
4. Once you receive the auto-reply, click the link to go to the Feedback Landing Page. To edit the Feedback Landing Page Log in to your RocketReviews account and go to Settings > Request Modes.