What Are Google Customer Reviews?
Google Customer Reviews is a free Google service offering Seller Ratings, Product Ratings, and a Google Customer Reviews badge for e-commerce websites to help attract more qualified shoppers to your site. Any e-commerce website can participate, but you’ll get the most benefits if you are participating in Google Ads’ Search and Shopping marketing campaigns.
Google uses Google Customer Reviews survey responses from your e-commerce customers to determine your seller rating score. Your seller rating reflects your customers’ experience with your business and is an aggregate score displayed as a rating from 1 to 5 stars.
If you are a Google Ads advertiser, your seller rating can show up on your Search Text ads as seller ratings ads extensions and on your Shopping ads.
As a Google Customer Reviews participant, you also have the option to collect Product Ratings for the items you sell. Google surveys your customers about the products they have purchased from your website. The information from the surveys is displayed as a total number of reviews and your star rating on your Shopping ads.
Google Customer Reviews badge
Your seller rating can be promoted in your Google Customer Reviews badge on any page of your website that you desire.
How Do I Get Google Customer Reviews?
First, review Google’s Customer Reviews guidelines to ensure you comply with Google’s availability, eligibility guidelines and program policies.
You’ll need a Google Merchant Center account to enable Google Customer Reviews as follows:
- Sign in to your Merchant Center account (or sign up if you do not have an account).
- Select “Customer Reviews setup” from the Settings menu dropdown in the upper right-hand corner.
- Click “Get Started” in the Google Customer Reviews card, and then accept the Program Agreement.
- Add the survey opt-in code to your website. Your Merchant Center will automatically generate the copy and paste code to install your survey opt-in and Customer Reviews badge code on your site. Google also offers an integration guide for installation and details about the survey opt-in and badge code.
- [Optional] Add the Google Customer Reviews badge code to your site wherever you want. This will make the badge appear on your site, allowing you to display your seller rating and show customers that you’re integrated with Google Customer Reviews.
How Does the Google Customer Reviews Process Work?
Once the Google Customer Reviews feature is set up, Google offers a survey to all of your customers after they’ve made a purchase on your website.
Users choosing to opt in will receive an email from Google Customer Reviews once their order has been delivered. The message asks them to rate their purchase experience from 1 to 5 stars and to provide free text comments if they wish to.
If you opted to participate in Product Reviews, customers will next be able to rate the items they purchased and provide text feedback.
What if I Wish to Stop Participating in Google Customer Reviews?
You can stop participating in Google Customer Reviews by removing the installed code from your site.
Learn more about Google Customer Reviews.
Expanding your search engine marketing efforts on an international scale is an exciting move forward. Just like domestic PPC, an international PPC campaign requires a
How to Decide Whether SEO or PPC is Right for You SEO ROCKET WEBINAR SERIES April 28, 2021 11:00 AM EDT It’s a BIG question
How To Safely Add An Agency To Your Google Ads Account Before you start working with a digital marketing agency on your PPC accounts, it